Monday, January 16, 2006

Together In My Dreams

I stumbled on you then
light years ago it seems
with every horizon I pretend
we're together in my dreams.

Days collect like dust
till I close my eyes to see
those times that we were "us"
at the verge of eternity.

Weeks fade out of view
time simply lost its appeal
even yesterday has no clue
dreams are my only for real.

When I go to sleep I try
to recover what used to be
remaining a twinkle in my eye
I crave you desperately.

All my attempts have failed
to put you in memory's bin
yet you remain and prevail
like a blessed haunting sin.

Never had such lustful needs
feelings bursting out loud
you planted rows of seeds
now each seems to reach a cloud.

I exist thru days of longing
every night my body screams
begging to still be belonging
but I'll see you in my dreams.

Del Cano 2004 December

2 comments:

Christina K Brown said...

this is simply delicious....

Anonymous said...

So hauntingly beautiful. I love this poem.

As I look back into my own past it seems
I've spent many a night living through my dreams.
Reality, being often cruel and cold as it is ...
Our dreams offer a magically wonderful bliss