Monday, February 13, 2006

Whose Wearing My Skin

Whose heart pumps inside me
whose this wearing my skin.
Why am I so lonely, missing you

from that one night we sinned.

We both agreed to walk awaysaying
it was no more than a game.
Everytime I get near that hotel
hear my body calling your name.

For months we wore a look
telling a tale we tried to hide.
All the while those cravings
puffing a storm inside.

Whose that using my mind
once so utterly straight.
Thinking constantly focused
on how you did so satiate.

One time, one night
sharing in absolute bliss.
Riding a magic wave
swelling from a kiss.

I can't sip my coffee
shave without seeing your face.
One of these minds within me
feels not one once of disgrace.

Whose heart pumps inside me
whose this wearing my skin.
Why am I so lonely, missing you
from that single night of sin.

Del Cano 2006 Feb

11 comments:

Christina K Brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christina K Brown said...

I love every last line of this poem...

TJ said...

Tells just enough, perfect image in my mind.
TJ

Tom said...

Spencer,

I haven't forgot about your journal invitation a couple months ago to come over to read and enjoy your poetry. Glad to have finally gotten the chance to come over. Now I see what I've been missing! I love your romantic imagry. I'm brand new, but I'll be back on a regular basis.

Tom

Rose DesRochers said...

I've enjoyed browsing your blog and reading your poetry. I'll be back. :)

Carly said...

Spencer...

As always you have written an extremely provocative poem. It is full of emotion and as T J said, it leaves the reader with the perfect image in one's mind. Vivid and passionate.

Red said...

Wonderful, from start to end.
:O)

Roadside Suicide said...

that was amazing. i'm glad i came accross this by accident!!

Roadside Suicide said...

this is amazing. i am glad i accidentally came accross your site!

Delcano said...

Roadside Suicide,

So glad you you stumbled on this site and hope you find your way back.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

What a great site
lamictal 100