Monday, July 07, 2008

Living An Old Blues Song

What! What happened to you?
Somebody beat you up with a rifle?
Oh, my goodness, lady
that is a lot more than trifle.

It's hard to think about
you should feel blessed.
They could have shot you
been even killed I guess.

So sorry you have these problems
ought to stay away from folks like that.
Woman, you need to change your life
cause it's no good where it's at.

Wasn't that you not long ago
went to buy a ladder for your lover.
After spending all night a couple times
you're left with only a black cloud to hover.

That is so sad, my dear lady
heard the marshals took your check.
You worked two weeks like a dog
money's gone, now you're a wreck.

What are you doing to receive
such an utterly horrible stance.
If I were you I'd change my life
if not you do not stand a chance.

I also heard you got arrested
spent twenty four hours in jail.
Something bout no drivers license
or ID but could be just a tale.

I don't know what I could say
to lighten the burden you bear.
I do know you should treat you better
at least with a lot more care.

Wish I could really help you
I'm just a dumb guy living alone.
Sure hate hearing bout your troubles
like you're living in an old blues song.

Del Cano 2008 July


No comments: