Friday, August 17, 2007

Call Me Poet

Call me crazy if you wish
I simply call me a poet.
Seeing words in pictures
write them 'fore you know it.

See lost lovers cross the sea
riding high on the mist of lust.
Tell ya 'bout the days we did it
sitting on the back of the bus.

Yeah, call me crazy if you want
my give a damn went and got broke.
Betcha I aint worried like you are
carrying all that trash like a yoke.

I can see a four leaf clover
growing in the cracks of the street.
While you admiring my roses
done got me a sunflower to eat.

Us poets can see what you miss
we have visions beyond your eye.
Our hearing is super deep
thru storms hear a baby cry.

Often I speak with the breeze
or juggle with the stars above.
When so many are struggling
I'm here making passionate love.

I meet eye to eye easily
often have a quick tryst with a fan.
But when things fail to go right
change images with a wave of my hand.

If I need the world to change
just order up the sun at midnight.
Make the moon shine midday
align the stars just right.

Go ahead, call me crazy
but you still here reading each word
and some of the stuff I write
is beyond so much you ever heard.

Baby, I'm a poet who knows it
don't get tangled up in daily crap.
When too many spears are pointing
I get saved and renewed with a nap.

I love as strong as you can imagine
when the boat capsizes I walk on the sea.
When the road rage yo yo is loose
gotta look to the sky to find me.

I hug you with my soul
wrap lines of love round your heart.
When all else fails to move you
I go all the way back to the start.

Aint no crime in my game
as honest as a three dollar bill.
Smiling broadly with each query
'fore my words let out a shrill.

Believe me I am real and fit
creative to the hilt and know it.
Call me crazy if you wish
just please call me poet.

Del Cano 2007 August

No comments: