Friday, August 03, 2007

Special Words

I speak the words I mean
to you in every sort of way
then write them in a song
to sing and dance and play.

You know the words I sing
and take them into heart.
Each marked with your name
before they can depart.

Stored in your bosom
firmly and deep within
For if they should escape
is tantemont to sin.

If I publish those words
show the world the most
your heart dances happily
but then you see the ghost.

My sensitivity fails you
and makes the shadow creep.
For deep inside the crevices
I know thy heart shall weep.

At that point I studder
in not knowing how to act
Words sailed off our pillow
escaping our sugar shack.

No doubt some will land
upon the sleepy head
of many who seek the same
what to you that I have said.

Doth not those words
be yours and yours alone?
So why do they shadow you
and cause a painful groan.

No dangling commas
nor semi-colon's pause
can change the meaning
of their original cause.

If then another feels
the knowing love they speak
does it lesson the definition
or make your meaning weak?

Should it be for me
to hide the words we share
till they finally run out
with not a one to spare?

Should every artist
be they singer,writer, poet
hide the special words
so no one else may know it.

Del Cano 2006 Feb