Sunday, August 05, 2007

Love Can Survive

Standing in the yard watching
her walk toward the house
still stirs passions flame
just like some torrid rouse.

She, sweating from the heat
steps are deliberate and slow.
I'm yearning to caress her
as if I were kneading dough.

Matters not what she feels
her condition might be
she remains the epitome of lust
can count on her to stir in me.

Bath water ready and bubbly
lounging gown hanging on the door.
Can't wait for her to finish
while I pace cross the floor.

Small talk about the day
dinner ready and waiting.
She's trying to wind down
I'm hyped and salivating.

Nobody can tell me about love
how it always just grows old.
Not mine, my dear folks
still alive and just as bold.

One thing I know for sure
you've got to court your love
Never, never take her forgranted
she's to always speak kindly of.

Listen to what she says
and I don't mean in a tepid way.
Make sure you hear her for real
understand what she has to say.

Love can be so much easier
when life is shared like an open book.
Not wallowing in fear or doubt
let it out from every cranny and nook.

Taking on a lover is not getting a slave
get your butt up and get her a drink.
Sometimes you can even be the cook
or some other things you might think.

Let her know how important she is
and get rid of every trivial gripe.
All those little complaints are
what makes dissension ripe.

What is more important
than endearing her to you.
Showing her how special she is
by everything that you do.

Treat her with respect
and she'll love you a lot more.
Might be surprised the response
Hugs and kisses galore.

Bring her flowers for no other reason
than you were thinking of her when alone.
you'll discover emotions you both have
and find that special loving song.

Love her like she's the very last
as if she's the best one alive.
Then you'll know what I mean
when I tell you love can survive.

Del Cano 2007 August

No comments: