Sunday, November 20, 2005

Frozen Emotions

In our fragil ponderings
we oft get carried away.
Candid emotions spill
checking not what we say.

With all do selfish dreams
awakened by the slightest touch.
Shadowing all our senses
from what we've craved so much.

Bursting at the seams
swelling like an infected sore.
Our time hidden emotions
begging feverishly for more.

At some point we face
the carnage left in the road.
Not even our fulfillment
can carry such a load.

Then we recoil again
afraid to ever roll the dice.
We freeze those emotions
back into a block of ice.

Del Cano 2005 Nov

1 comment:

courtenay phelan said...

Welcome! I am so glad you are here. You have been a busy little bee. I want to tell you the only thing I miss are the alerts But I have your blog saved in my favorites and can click on every day Take care, Courtenay