Monday, November 21, 2005

I Wanna Make Love Country Style


I got to go back down South
if but just for a little while
I wanna make love again
in that ole country style.

I wanna make love

out in the field
near a bale of hay
the only shield
in the heat of the day

Oh, I wanna make love

down by the stream
water singing the blues
as the wind whistles a tune
sailing on our country cruise

I wanna make love

so I can see the stars
out under the trees
where lady moon
is peeping thru the leaves

Oh, my, my, I wanna make love

with that ole country gal
take off them seeing glasses
so I can hold her real close
taste them lips, pure malasses

I gotta go back down South
sometime soon fo I die
so I can make love wild and free
out under that open sky

I wanna make love in the country
see the birds slip for a while
hear the rustling reeds
while making love country style.

Del Cano 2005 Aug