Friday, June 15, 2007

Senses Are Raw


My senses are feeling raw
emotions worn to a puddle.
Speaking feels out of character
words drool, a muddle.

Sleep, a spotty affair
only moments at a time.
Eyes seeing her image
making words to rhyme.

Hunger rages on
food won't stay put.
Odd achy feelings
from head to foot.

Another sighting today
calls from the park.
A look a like woman
just a fading spark.

Worries bout her health
put insulin in the fridge.
Needles in her purse
gaps like a bridge.

Helplessness yells a blank
self blaming creeps out.
Mental aerobics center stage
heart wants to shout.

Walked our path to the park
skipped a rock on the lake.
A goose staring at me
seemed as if it had spake.

What secrets linger
should have known before.
Straining, pondering
tallying every score.

Aligning the good and bad
which result will we face.
Joy seems years away
thru this horrible disgrace.

I count blessings I have
Judy remains star of the show.
But love shared openly
creates room to grow.

Few understood us
but we couldn't care less.
I walked a lighted beam
knowing I had the best.

Judy holding my face
wiping tears salty track.
Whispering in her way
she's got to come back.

False alarms...depression
fills emotion's sinking ship.
Praying I can keep going
trying to keep my grip.

Senses totally worn out
emotions in utter awe.
This whole affair
has my nerves raw.

Arms want to flail
bring this all to an end.
Nothing left in my soul
I've got to spend.

Del Cano 2007 June





No comments: