Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Her Smile Pulls In The Dawn

Her sighs crack breathless
and whispers in the dawn
always a faint twinkle
before night is fully gone

she silhouttes the moon
its aura not quite as strong
as when she aims her beam
and hums our favorite song

her smile pulls in the dawn
sensitivity shows in her eyes
with clarity unlike anything
one might see up in the skies

she is my awakening
my welcome to each day
feverisly I search for words
yet I fail at what to say

But I can tell of all the joy
as each new day gets a start
the pleasant emotions I feel
keeps her firmly in my heart

Del Cano 2004 December

5 comments:

V said...

Well done!
V

Carly said...

Oh Spencer

This is so lovely! Sigh!

Christina K Brown said...

Spencer


xxoo

Anonymous said...

The "She" of your poems must surly be Blessed by God himself. Every word that is written confesses a love no longer silent. Love is God's greatest gift, don't keep it hidden, show it, share it, believe in it.

Anonymous said...

you must be dreamin' of me, darlin' *winks* tee hee ... the sue imp strikes again *smiles*

*hugs*

sue