Thursday, December 29, 2005

There is no argument

There is no argument
against a wrong thought
When one's mindset is based
on information from naught.

When an opinion is stuck
on a basis pulled from a lump
then there is no way to argue
or defend 'gainst that bump.

I pride myself on truth
no matter what others say.
Always bring with me honesty
and treat others that way.

To be accused of a wrong
I did not do brings on deep pain
Even more deepening the angst
is they "assumed". Damn, disdain!

I live with love in my heart
spread it like droplets of dew.
So to be accused of a wrong
shatters me thru and thru.

If my word aint good enough
So be it. I can't help your doubt.
It really means to me you suffer
when your doubt turns me out.

The way others live their lives
doesn't mean I share their way.
Stress acting from my heart
and get a little better everyday.

To believe that people do not act
unless invited to is shallow thinking.
Feels to me like you're not being real
or maybe didn't notice your drinking.

There is a fallacy in thought
which brings doubt with no particulars
simply based on how you think
issues about extra curriculars.

Hmm, never gave that much thought
that your doubt could be self based.
Thinking of how you act control
show you feel and jump in others face.

I know beyond any doubt you have
that what you accused me of is wrong.
The more I think of your confidence
could be a level that is not too strong.

Ahh, so that "could" cause you to think
in a line which shows your weakness.
Mattered not to you that I did nothing
only in your mind was that bleakness.

If your confidence level was strongt
here'd be no reason that you doubt.
But due to that weakness in yourself
you didn't feel you had the real clout.

Heart breaking at its best
dissapointment at the least.
What disturbs me so much
I feel like I've been fleeced.

I gave of me free and opened
held back not a damn thing.
Now it feels more like a sore
as if it were a giant bee sting.

No apologies for what I didn't do
Tho feel compassion on your part.
We shared so many good times
to leave this emptiness in my heart.

Did I hear you say, "thanks for the tears"
that is such a shameless comment
when it was your doubt which raised
this feeling of abandonment.

Your tears might actually be for you;
mine are real from the hurt you made.
Pain as if I had been cut repeatedly
with an old knife with a rusty blade.

Be sweet my dear. I never carry a grudge.
Need a little while to rebalance myself
to forgive and get this poison out of me
then it can be placed on the closet shelf.

I'll return as if there had never been "US"
not a peep outta me to the rest of the world.
You keep your dignity and reputation
while I whisper, "she used to be my girl".

So long, Sweet Thang, be blessed.
Best to you. Guess this be my last kiss.
And you can be damn sure of one thing
when I get in need, going to "Poetic Bliss".

Del Cano 2005 Dec

2 comments:

Christina K Brown said...

oh Spencer....who hurt YOU?????


I will go kick their butts. I will.


I am tough like that.


xxoo

Anonymous said...

"There is a fallacy in thought
which brings doubt with no particulars
simply based on how you think
issues about extra curriculars."

Strange - I feel as though you just wrote about my last relationship. He wronged me yet twists the tale making me sound like the criminal. Great work my Bard but it always it!