Friday, May 18, 2007

Affirming Our Future

I take a deep breath
then look over at you
Affirming with eyes
things we often do.

A certain sort of pact
bounds us as one.
Heading towards our day
of sharing in the sun.

Darkness cloaked us
while waiting for this day.
Dragging heavy baggage
along that frightful way.

Within the box of pretend
we slithered thru the crack.
Pulled ourselves thru it
in hopes we'd never go back.

Forward, we looked
focusing on the then.
Convencing ourselves
it wouldn't be the end.

A new beginning
we begged to partake.
Buiding on our creation
our whole lives at stake.

Time to toss the cloak
add a new vest of light.
Showing the entire world
we can now do it right.

Sighing a deep breath
eyes sharing a glance.
Affirming all is well
continuing our romance.

Del Cano 2007 April

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this poem. I kind of held my breath as I read it. It lingers
in my mind.