Saturday, May 19, 2007

Near The Water


When life gets too heavy
and trouble taps my soul
I go visit near the waters
which play a soothing role.

When the rain comes pouring
drenches my emotional state
I go visit the flowing ripples
which helps keep me straight.

None can tell that voice
any better than I can
The hum of the river
calls out to this man.

Even the serenity of a lake
might sing a soft lullaby.
A spring fed mountain stream
races cares goodbye.

Let me be near the waters
an ocean wave ebbing near.
Whispers messages from above
speaking directly in my ear.

Oh, I might carry my gear
rods, reels and lots of lures
Fishing is a by product
of my waterways tours.

Got to visit the waters
hear its whispered romance.
Knowing upon my visit
I get to have another chance.

Del Cano 2006 October


No comments: