Friday, May 18, 2007

Embracing the Poetry

We met in a stanza
from Poetic Bliss
Embraced the poetry
as if a kiss.

Struck a cord
then tied a knot
which held the best
of what we'd got.

Shunned the world
as we wrote our fate.
Creative juices
would not wait.

Soaring to clouds
up on high
we drifted thru
a star lit sky.

Till one day
I saw a flaw
causing deeply
a dropping jaw.

Suddenly, reality check
not a bit of wasted time
no more love
nor easy rhyme.

She sailed the seas
of love's sweet mist
left me stranded
with nary a kiss.

Danced on off
to another poetic write
leaving me dangling
thru lonely nights.

Oh, the pain rose
to levels of stain
fighting the devil's
words of disdain.

Finally, the time
has come to reach
for all the love within
I'm able to teach.

Words are now able
to reach the screen
in spite of the pain
you know I've seen.

But now I am able
to stand back tall
to sling words again
for the eyes of all.

And no matter the
error of my past ways
love hangs on truly
thru to better days.

Not one word of angst
shall I toss her way
but praise her always
for each loving day.

I now, am able to reach,
beyond a kiss
and reopen the doors
to Poetic Bliss.

Del Cano 2006 March




2 comments:

Blanch said...

I am sorry that anyone could have ever hurt you in such a way. May the future erase the pains of the past and leave you with only brighter days ahead.

Delcano said...

Blanch, I appreciate your reading and comments and do hope you return. Most my writes are controlled by my muse not reality.
Thanks much.
Spencer