Friday, May 18, 2007

Demons Squeezing Me

The walls seem to close in
squeezing my breath away
Mornings, tho pleasant
are a mark of another day.

So many demons loom
treacherously jabbing
Piercing my soul
as if they were stabbing.

Day after day they come
each with a different goal
All have their special traits
they play a painful role.

As I turn away from one
another jumps in my face
charging directly at me
as if there was a race.

The walls seem menacing
a giant slow moving vise.
Inching steadily closer
freezing my soul like ice.

Tho I might make it out the door
there are responsibilities afoot.
I can't abandon the demons nor walls
they are part of this painful root.

Never thought life was fair
nor believed it ever to be
yet, I can't seem to get past
these troubles attacking me.

A continuous flow of venom
a part of my daily mental bread.
Struggling never eases
while these walls squeeze my head.

Del Cano 2006 October

1 comment:

Myke said...

I can't remember reading this one.
I can relate to your words like the Demons were squezing me.