Friday, May 18, 2007

A Chance Meeting

A chance meeting from time to time
on your way with him someplace.
Nothing more than a look or sly grin
to others, a blank look on your face.

I read every line and each arch
now months later, it seems
thru his stroke of bad luck
you're now star of my dreams.

A chance encounter moved
us both to center stage
finding an underlying lust
with passion all the rage.

An accidental bump, a touch
sent waves thru and thru.
As I found we shared the want
yes, the likes of me and you.

Simply watching you reach
or stoop to grab a brush.
Felt the pangs of desire
a maddening sort of rush.

Not long later our eyes met
to a longing stare and look.
Those same glances and arch
I read you like a book.

Low guttural moaning sounds
seemed to drip from your lip.
As I went about my tasks
making sure a glance would slip.

Each met with a steady eye
a real come on if I ever knew.
Yet, I tried to keep a distance
some space 'tween me and you.

All just a waste of time
the effort was for naught.
Couldn't hold back from the bait
that passion we had wrought.

I see promise in each glance
a chance meeting at some time.
Till then I'll be the words we studder
and you, dear, can be the rhyme.

Del Cano 2006 August

No comments: