Friday, May 18, 2007

You Made It All the Way

You, a fully grown woman
been stuck in a levitating hole.
Living life as if it were a game
with you the hidden mole.

So many painful actions
pushed you below your self.
As if you had stored your soul
placed it at the back of the shelf.

Too many thoughtless actions
drove you away from who you are.
Reactions riddled with shame
not allowing you to reach up to par.

You blindly stepped away from you
the woman you ought to be.
Proud, lovely and progressive
the woman I fought to see.

Thru that heartless facade
you put up for all others to see.
Easy to fool the rest of the world
but no way you could fool me.

I saw thru your pain and anger
the struggles you stumbled thru.
So often you didn't know yourself
I was able to see a different you.

You carried too much baggage
I called it trash dragging the ground.
Sometimes you were buried so deep
had to look hard so you could be found.

Something had died inside you
you lost the real way you had been
or perhaps it was loosing yourself
letting your soul fall off into sin.

I think you craved love and honesty
not just someone to be used.
It was too common place for you
to be mislead and abused.

I must have confused you
in the early times we shared.
When I looked and saw in you
a woman who could not be spared.

Whatever that magic you tried to hide
still showed its light to me.
I stepped out on faith for you
whatever, if anything, we were to be.

I saw the woman you were not
at least not at the very start.
But before long your light shined
broke right on thru to my heart.

I rode the roller coaster you drove
every up and down hillside crest.
Thru creative tales and even lies
I pretended to ignore the rest.

Sometimes you seemed ready
to give that old life the boot
but held onto it with a firm grip
as if it were some expensive loot.

Not till after your illness
did you seem to give it up in a big way.
Slowly I saw you seemingly enlightened
with each morning a brand new day.

Even thru the trying times
could see you growing back alive.
Becoming that woman I new you were
before your life took its dive.

I tried so hard to help steer you
to a better person I knew you to be.
A woman full of life craving success
that very special lady to me.

Now I'm feeling so full inside
thankful you made it all the way.
A few scratches here and there
now you can see a better day.

Del Cano 2007 May

2 comments:

Myke said...

This is one of my very favorite.
You put alot into it besides your magic words. Your heart and soul.
Myke

Blanch said...

Thank-You