Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sin and Soul

I walk to the tune of my feet
brushing the damp grass below.
When I allow such a break
I trail a tune where ever I go.

The geese sliding on the water
leaving a wake so artistically laid.
As if it were a song perfectly writ
from poems God had made.

This time of reflection is haunting
in the shadow of Wash U Medical Center.
Standing on the hill above the park
as if it were daring us all to enter.

I walk thru the grass of Forest Park
in my foolish Spring search.
Caressing memories of yore
while winter hangs in a lurch.

At least I can pour out my soul
admit life's present and past sins.
In the shadow of that hospital
where so much trauma begins.

Can see the Science Center
as I walk the path round the lake
Ahead is Steinburg Rink
where I used to go and skate.

The park gives me solace
when life presents a road block.
Like the strongest foundation
it is my favorite go to rock.

I whisper the blues of life's creation
A merry go round without a tune.
Like wallowing in heaven' breast
paddling on Art Hill Lake in June.

The World's Fair Pavilion
strikes a stunning pose.
A must go by to see scene
which most of us knows.

I lay my burdens in the park
when the world seems ill at ease.
Each area presents its own flavor
and has its very special tease.

My feet walk to their own tune
blues in the background gets old.
But when I need to find inner peace
Forest Park releases my sin and soul.

Del Cano 2007 March

No comments: